Week 5 of the Washington high school football season featured league tilts, COVID schedule shuffles and as always, plenty of great individual plays. SBLive compiled 10 of the best from across the state in games that took place between Sept. 30-Oct. 2.
Want to submit a highlight? Tag or direct message us with your top plays on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook @SBLiveWA or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions are collected from each week’s slate of games through Sunday.
SBLive’s Top 10 plays of Week 5
10. Hazen’s Miguel Rosario Jr. outruns entire Juanita special teams unit for 90-yard kick return for touchdown.
9. Jason Brown erupts for a touchdown to help O’Dea distance itself from Seattle Prep in the third quarter of a 35-13 win.
8. Dylan Carson went for 71-yard touchdown on 4th and 1 gamble from Marysville-Pilchuck’s own 29 en route to a blowout win over Ferndale.
5. Max Walker hits a 25-yard field goal as time expires to lift Bellarmine Prep to a 23-20 win over Emerald Ridge.
4. Bryce Kooy’s 22-yard touchdown run with 1:06 left lifts Bothell to a 16-10 win over Mount Si.
3. Spanaway Lake’s Joshua Collie evades defenders on his way to a 31-yard TD run with 1:15 left to lift the Sentinels over Liberty of Issaquah, 19-14.
2. Down 14 with two minutes left, senior quarterback Reed Stamps — 370 yards passing, six touchdowns — leads a Chelan late-game comeback to beat Cascade of Leavenworth, 55-54. The touchdown catches included are made by Gage Buridck, Isaac Wilson and Quin McLaren.
1. Gavin Parker blocks potentially game-tying field goal, returns it for touchdown to preserve Napavine’s 56-47 win over Montesano.
(Lead photo by Vince Miller)