Week 3 of the Washington high school football season featured plenty of great individual plays. SBLive compiled 10 of the best from all across the state in games that took place between Sept. 15-18.
Want to submit a highlight? Tag or direct message us with your top plays on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook @SBLiveWA or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions are collected from each week’s slate of games through Sunday.
SBLive’s Top 10 plays of Week 3
Top 10 countdown
10. Cole Miller cuts and explodes for a long touchdown reception from Caleb Crider in Steilacoom’s 41-0 season debut win over Franklin Pierce.
9. Glacier Peak D-lineman Baxter Cox eats up a pass at the line of scrimmage for a big-man interception in the Grizzlies thrashing of Woodinville. (Video source: STSPN)
8. Braeden Smith explodes for a long touchdown run on a QB keeper, then hits sophomore Drew Velling for a 73-yard touchdown pass to help Seattle Prep pull away from Mount Baker.
7. Trayce Hanks scored the longest two plays of Lake Steven’s statement 20-3 season-opening win over O’Dea: a 70-yard run early, and a 70-yard touchdown reception. (Video credit: NFHS Network)
6. Peyton Wing’s 23-yard touchdown run helps lift No. 4 Sumner over No. 6 Puyallup in a 4A SPSL showdown between state contenders.
5. North Creek QB Kennedy McGill emerged from a pile of defenders, emerges and explodes for a touchdown in a thrilling loss to Idaho power Coeur d’Alene.
4. Auburn Riverside scoops up a fumble with three seconds left in a come-from-behind 42-38 win over Auburn. Penalty brought back the touchdown on the fumble recovery, but the Raves held on to win a game it at one point trailed by 24 points. (Video credit: Brandon Huffman, 247 Sports)
2. Mount Si’s Beau Phillips returns a kickoff 95 yards for touchdown with just over a minute left, then Andy Cole caught the two-point conversion to beat Post Falls in overtime. (Video credit: NFHS Network)
SBLive Washington podcast
(Listen to the episode here, leave a review on Apple Podcasts and subscribe wherever you get podcasts)