By Buck Ringgold
Here’s how the SBLive Oklahoma Top 25 high school football teams fared this week …
1. Bixby (11-0) beat Putnam City North 78-7
The Spartans led 44-0 after the first quarter and 65-0 at halftime en route to their 47th straight win. They can tie the state record with a win in next week’s 6AII semifinals against Stillwater.
2. Jenks (10-1) beat Norman North 41-14
Trailing 7-0 early on, the Trojans took over the game by scoring 38 straight points before halftime to handily win their 6AI playoff opener.
3. Tulsa Union (10-1) beat Yukon 59-24
Quarterback Rovaughn Banks accounted for six total touchdowns in the first official game for the newly nicknamed Redhawks.
4. Choctaw (8-3) lost to Edmond Deer Creek 36-29
There will not be a return trip to the 6AII title game for the Yellowjackets after falling at home in the opening round of the playoffs.
5. Tuttle (11-0) beat Newcastle 34-3
Behind three touchdowns from Canon West, the Tigers easily advanced to the Class 4A quarterfinal round.
6. McAlester (11-0) beat Sapulpa 48-14
Quarterback Trent Boatright completed 13-of-16 passes for 160 yards and five TDs as the Buffaloes moved on into the 5A quarterfinals.
7. Lincoln Christian (11-0) beat Vinita 56-6
The Bulldogs led 42-0 at halftime as they went on to post the decisive win in the opening round of the 3A postseason.
8. Tulsa Booker T. Washington (8-3) lost to Stillwater 35-26
The Hornets trailed 21-14 at halftime but fell behind 35-14 early in the fourth quarter as their season came to an end in the first round of the 6AII playoffs.
9. Owasso (8-3) lost to Broken Arrow 41-40
Broken Arrow avenged a regular-season loss to the Rams as the Tigers came back from a double-digit deficit in the final 10 minutes, ending Owasso’s season in the first round of the 6AI playoffs.
10. Del City (9-2) lost to Sand Springs 21-17
A magical season for the Eagles comes to a sudden end in the opening round of the 6AII playoffs as the 6AII-1 district champions were defeated at home by the Sandites, the No. 4 seed from 6AII-2.
11. Holland Hall (10-1) beat Checotah 62-0
Zane Woodham rushed for nearly 170 yards and scored four touchdowns as the Dutch began the 3A playoffs with the decisive win at home.
12. Stillwater (9-2) beat Tulsa Booker T. Washington 35-26
Sophomore tailback Holden Thompson scored three TDs, including two to start the second half to help the Pioneers build a 35-14 fourth-quarter lead en route to the 6AII opening-round win.
13. Broken Arrow (8-3) beat Owasso 41-40
Josh Willhite’s 5-yard TD reception with more than five minutes left capped a wild comeback for the Tigers, who rallied from a 40-28 deficit with less than 10 minutes remaining.
14. Heritage Hall (11-0) beat Pauls Valley 59-20
No problem for the Chargers, who built a 44-7 halftime lead as they went on to win their opening-round 3A playoff contest.
15. Collinsville (11-0) beat Shawnee 60-14
Brayden Gilkey had a 65-yard TD on the game’s opening play, while Oscar Hammond returned a punt for a TD and added two TD receptions, including one on the final play of the first half as the Cardinals rolled in their 5A playoff opener.
16. Coweta (10-1) beat Tahlequah 42-14
In the battle of the Tigers, it was all Coweta, which built a 28-0 halftime advantage en route to the win in the opening round of the 5A playoffs.
17. Washington (11-0) beat Comanche 55-20
The Warriors kept on rolling as they won in the first round of the 2A playoffs, leading 21-0 after one quarter and doubling their lead to 42-0 at halftime.
18. Edmond Santa Fe (6-5) lost to Mustang 37-17
It will not be a return trip to play for a 6AI title for the Wolves, who were eliminated on the road in the first round of the 6AI playoffs.
19. Lawton MacArthur (10-1) beat Piedmont 14-10
The Highlanders survived a scare in the first round of the 5A playoffs, getting a Devin Bush 4-yard TD with 4:16 left which was set up by a one-handed catch from Vaughn Poppe on fourth-and-long to keep the eventual game-winning drive alive.
20. Edmond Deer Creek (9-2) beat Choctaw 36-29
After both teams scored 29 points in the first half, the Antlers’ defense came through in the second half to hold Choctaw scoreless in prevailing in the first round of the 6AII playoffs.
21. Sand Springs (8-3) beat Del City 21-17
Sandite quarterback Ty Pennington threw for two TD passes, but it was his 2-yard TD run with less than three minutes left that lifted Sand Springs to the upset win in the first round of the 6AII playoffs against the District 6AII-1 champs.
22. Ardmore (9-2) lost to Bishop McGuinness 56-21
The Tigers fell behind 21-0 and 35-14 at halftime as their season ended with a home playoff loss in the first round of the 5A postseason.
23. Oklahoma Christian School (11-0) beat Prague 36-8
Down 8-7 entering the second quarter, it was all Saints from that point as they took a 22-7 halftime lead on two TD runs from Kaleb Barnes to claim the first-round win in the 2A playoffs.
24. Poteau (10-1) beat Catoosa 56-14
The Pirates won at least one playoff game for the fourth straight season as they rolled to the opening-round 4A playoff win at home.
25. Verdigris (10-1) beat Seminole 41-33
In a matchup between two 9-1 teams in the opening round of the 3A playoffs, the Cardinals got the road win after trailing at halftime, 21-19.