Week 9 of the Idaho high school football season brought lots of great highlights. We’ve scoured all classifications across the state of Idaho to compile five plays that caught our attention.
TOP 7 PLAYS OF WEEK 9
7. Rigby lineman Ricky Soliai scores big-man touchdown
Nose guard Ricky Soliai capped a special senior night with a one-yard touchdown run in a 28-20 win over Madison.
6. Kimberly QB Heath Owens throws game-tying dime to Brett Bronson
With a league title on the line, No. 2 Kimberly (3A) quarterback Heath Owens’ 65-yard touchdown pass to Brett Bronson tied it up at 28-28 midway through the fourth quarter. (READ MORE)
5. Gooding QB Kurtis Adkinson barrels in for 2-point conversion in thrilling OT win
Sam game as the previous play. Here’s how the No. 2 versus No. 3 matchup finished: Coach Cameron Andersen’s overtime decision to go for the two-point conversion – and victory – paid off Friday as quarterback Kurtis Adkinson rumbled in with the game-winning run for the No. 3 Senators, who won their eighth 3A Sawtooth Central Idaho title in the past 10 years. (READ MORE)
4. American Falls CB Tanner Hansen makes game-winning 2-point conversion stop
American Falls beat Marsh Valley on a 2-point conversion stand to clinch a league title. Tanner Hansen made the tackle on a corner blitz.
3. Emmett’s Jeff Lockett catches 25-yard game-winning TD from Caden Young
(Editor’s note: The tweet below, which says Jack Maxwell caught the TD pass, is incorrect. Jeff Lockett caught the TD pass).
2. Charles Iverson breaks off 75-yard touchdown run
Preston’s running back provided the big highlight in a 21-7 win over Snake River.
1. Gerrit Cox makes magic happen in a snowstorm
Cox’s 61-yard punt return was the only score of the league title-clinching win over Lakeland. “He’s a game-breaker,” Sandpoint’s Ryan Knowles said. (READ MORE)