Week 5 of the Idaho high school football season brought lots of great highlights. We’ve scoured all classifications across the state of Idaho to compile five plays that caught our attention.
- VOTE: Who should be the WaFd Bank Idaho High School Athlete of the Week?
- SBLIVE POWER 10: Meridian moves into rankings after third consecutive 4A No. 1 team (Emmett) drops out
- MORE RANKINGS: Top teams in every class of Idaho high school football
TOP 5 PLAYS OF THE WEEK
5. Coeur d’Alene’s Jack Prka answers with a long touchdown pass against Lake City
On the second play from scrimmage, Prka hit an open Garitone, who beat the DB down the sidelines in a foot race for a touchdown. Coeur d’Alene beat Lake City 40-13.
4. Nampa stops top-ranked Emmett on a 2-point conversion to seal upset
When Caden Young’s 72-yard touchdown strike to Jackson Maxwell brought No. 1 Emmett (4A) within one with 41 seconds remaining, the Huskies opted to go for the win. That’s when Nampa stuffed them to seal the upset. (READ MORE)
3. Lake City’s Zach Johnson dusts the Coeur d’Alene secondary for 83-yard TD pass from Chris Irvin
After Coeur d’Alene scored first on a long touchdown pass, Lake City struck right back. Chris Irvin roll out to the right and hit Zach Johnson under pressure, who cut to create an opening, which he took for an 83-yard TD.
2. Hillcrest’s Tre Kofe cuts loose for 96 yards in win over Shelley
The longest of the Knights’ bellwether running back’s three touchdowns in a 30-14 win over Shelley (19 second mark).
1. Skyline’s Isaac Mickelsen, who lives with Spina Bifida, scores 49-yard touchdown
Isaac Mickelsen took a handoff from senior quarterback Cade Marlow 49 yards for a touchdown, surrounded by players on both teams rooting on his endzone trip as the crowd erupted in cheers. Mickelsen is in a wheelchair as a result of living with Spina Bifida. (READ MORE)