Every Monday during the 2020 football season, SBLive Idaho will rank the top 10 high school football teams in the state of Idaho, regardless of classification.
Here are the Week 3 rankings (Sept. 7) as compiled by SBLive Sports reporters Andy Buhler and Todd Milles.
SBLIVE POWER 10 RANKINGS
Sept. 7, 2020
1. COEUR D’ALENE, 1-0 (5A) beat Sandpoint, 55-0
Season-debut rust? Not QB Jack Prka, who has three first-half TD in blowout victory.
Up next: Friday vs. Lakeland, 7 p.m.
2. ROCKY MOUNTAIN, 1-0 (5A) beat then-No. 5 Mountain View, 39-36
The “Battle of Mountains” axe stays with Griz after defense comes up big in final stand.
Up next: Friday at Centennial, 7 p.m.
3. HIGHLAND, 2-1 (5A) beat Logan (Utah), 41-27
Kaleb Demuzio could not be stopped (four TDs) as Rams get victory across the border.
Up next: Friday at Century, 7 p.m.
4. RIGBY, 2-0 (5A) beat Post Falls, 44-42
Defending state champions overcome early 15-point deficit, stop tying 2-point pass late.
Up next: Friday vs. Skyline, 7 p.m.
5. EAGLE, 1-0 (5A) beat Kuna, 64-0
If anybody had questions about QB Ben Ford’s health – don’t. He’s fine (five first-half TDs).
Up next: Friday vs. No. 7 Mountain View, 7 p.m.
6. BISHOP KELLY, 0-0 (4A) on bye week
Mid-week game cancellation with Homedale leaves Knights playing COVID-19 waiting game.
Up next: Friday vs. Emmett, 7 p.m.
7. MOUNTAIN VIEW, 0-1 (5A) lost to No. 2 Rocky Mountain, 39-36
Unlike previous two losses to Rocky Mountain, Mavs finally find offense – albeit too late.
Up next: Friday at No. 5 Eagle, 7 p.m.
8. BLACKFOOT, 2-0 (4A) beat Idaho Falls, 35-6
Broncos start slow in home opener, but turn on the jet in the second half in route (four TDs).
Up next: Friday at Snake River, 7 p.m.
9. SUGAR-SALEM, 2-0 (3A) beat Shelley, 24-6
Young Diggers’ defense has been the shining group so far for 3A champions, giving up one TD.
Up next: Friday vs. Star Valley, 7 p.m.
10. CAPITAL, 0-0 (5A) on bye week
Todd Simis’ group nearing return to game action after late start to preseason training camp.
Up next: Friday at Meridian, 7 p.m.