Jefferson had been cruising of late, but North Oconee hit the brakes on the Dragons’ undefeated season with an impressive defensive performance.
But the most impressive team in Georgia remains Collins Hill (photo by Willie Prince), which throttled Mill Creek 40-10 away from home Friday to end its regular season undefeated.
HOW SBLIVE’S GEORGIA TOP 25 FARED IN WEEK 11
1. Collins Hill beat Mill Creek 40-10
In a battle between two of SBLive’s top 5 teams in Georgia, Collins Hill remains undefeated after giving Mill Creek its first loss of the season.
2. North Cobb beat Marietta 35-9
North Cobb advances to 8-1 overall and 4-0 in region play after holding Marietta to a single score.
3. Milton beat Woodstock 62-7
Milton remains undefeated in region play and Woodstock remains winless after this rout.
4. Buford beat Winder-Barrow 38-2
Buford would have shut out its fifth consecutive opponent if not for a safety against Winder-Barrow.
5. Mill Creek lost to Collins Hill 40-10
Mill Creek suffered its first loss of the season in a region game in convincing fashion vs. Collins Hill.
6. Cartersville beat Calhoun 21-14
Calhoun started scoring in the second half, but Cartersville was already up by 14 points and managed to hold their lead and protect its undefeated record in this region matchup.
7. Lee County beat Valdosta 13-6
Lee County scored all of its 13 points in the first half and remains undefeated in region play after a dominant defensive performance.
8. Ware County beat Veterans 28-21
Ware County is one win away from clinching the region title after beating Veterans on the road.
9. Warner Robins beat Coffee 22-7
Coffee led 7-0 after the first quarter, but the Warner Robins offense found its rhythm in the second and pulled away with a victory to advance to 8-1 overall and 2-1 in region play.
10. Creekside beat Jonesboro 27-7
Creekside is 6-0 in region play after beating Jonesboro at home in Week 11.
11. Langston Hughes beat Tucker 48-3
Langston Hughes routed Tucker to clinch the region championship.
12. Jefferson lost to North Oconee 11-6
Defense was the name of the game, and North Oconee had more of it as Jefferson suffered its first loss of the year in a region game.
13. Lowndes beat Camden County 35-29
Trailing 21-7 in the fourth quarter, Lowndes scored 28 points to stage a comeback vs. Camden County.
14. Brookwood beat South Gwinnett 58-14
Brookwood is now 3-0 in region play and had the game put away early, leading South Gwinnett 51-7 at the end of the first half.
15. Walton beat Harrison 41-10
Walton advanced to 3-1 in region play after beating Harrison handily.
16. Colquitt County beat Tift County 31-6
The Colquitt County defense held Tift County to a single score to bounce back from its loss last week.
17. Westlake beat Lovejoy 34-0
Westlake notched its second shutout of the season.
18. Rabun County beat Union County 56-14
Rabun County quarterback Gunner Stockton beat Trevor Lawrence’s Georgia state record for career touchdown passes with his 162nd in the first quarter.
19. Calhoun lost to Cartersville 21-14
Calhoun dropped to 8-2 after its comeback attempt fell just short vs. undefeated region opponent Cartersville.
20. Benedictine beat Islands 58-13
Benedictine pulled off its fifth consecutive blowout win and remains undefeated in region play after thrashing Islands.
21. Marietta lost to North Cobb 35-9
Marietta drops to 5-4 overall and 2-2 in region play after this Week 11 region matchup that featured two of Georgia’s best quarterbacks in Marietta’s Tyler Hughes and North Cobb’s Malachi Singleton.
22. Trinity Christian beat Heritage 44-0
Trinity Christian pulled off its second shutout of the season vs. winless Heritage to advance to 9-0 on the season.
23. Woodward Academy beat Tri-Cities 49-7
Woodward Academy remains undefeated after blowing out Tri-Cities in a region matchup.
24. Grayson beat Newton 15-7
Grayson clinched a home game in the first round of playoffs after a hard-fought win over Newton.
25. Thomasville beat Berrien 35-14
Thomasville is 5-0 in region play after beating Berrien.