Here are Scorebook Live’s Top 25 California high school football rankings for the week of September 9. Our statewide rankings are released every Monday throughout the 2019 high school football season.
This week’s rankings (week of Sept 9, 2019):
1. Mater Dei (3-0) vs. St. Frances (Maryland), Saturday @ 7 p.m.
Bryce Young’s 528 passing yards against Centennial is a Mater Dei record. They take on St. Francis (Baltimore) Saturday, the consensus No. 2 team in the country.
2. St. John Bosco (3-0) vs. Our Lady of Good Counsel (Maryland), Friday @ 7 p.m.
DJ Uiagalelei had five touchdown passes against Liberty. This week the Braves take on one of the best teams on the East Coast in Our Lady of Good Counsel.
3. De La Salle (2-1) at Folsom, Friday @ 7:30 p.m.
The Spartans took care of business early against St. Francis, then quickly turned their attention to this week’s showdown with No. 7 Folsom.
4. Cathedral Catholic (3-0) at Helix, Friday @ 7 p.m.
Cathedral Catholic is up 11 spots on our list after upsetting Corona Centennial.
5. JSerra (2-1) vs. Milton (Georgia), Saturday @ 4 p.m.
After defeating Bishop Amat soundly, JSerra has Milton (Georgia) and then Calabasas before starting league.
6. Corona Centennial (1-2) vs. Liberty (Nevada), Friday @ 7 p.m.
Corona Centennial and Liberty (Nevada), are two of the best teams in the country with losing records. Expect a battle of two hungry teams.
7. Folsom (2-0) vs. De La Salle, Friday @ 7:30 p.m.
The Bulldogs took care of business and now it’s De La Salle week. Get your popcorn.
8. Mission Viejo (3-0) vs. Villa Park, Friday @ 7 p.m.
The Diablos followed up a good win over Santa Margarita with an even better win over La Habra.
9. St. Augustine (3-0) at Otay Ranch, Friday @ 7 p.m.
Another week, another dominant win for St. Augustine, who continues to rise.
10. Grace Brethren (3-0) at Oak Hills, Friday @ 7 p.m.
Grace Brethren has a great chance of running the table. Sierra Canyon in late October is the only team that they won’t be heavily favored against.
The Cavaliers are off to a great start after shocking Calabasas on the road. Next up is Long Beach Poly and then Narbonne.
12. Narbonne (2-1) at Orange Lutheran, Friday @ 7 p.m.
Narbonne responded to a disappointing loss against Lone Peak with a shellacking of St. Paul. Orange Lutheran will be a good test, and Traeshon Holden is back in action.
13. Calabasas (2-1) vs. La Habra, Friday @ 7 p.m.
Calabasas looks to bounce back from a tough loss to Serra against another strong team at home in La Habra.
14. Oaks Christian (2-1) at Alemany, Friday @ 7 p.m.
After a huge win over Sierra Canyon, Alemany is next.
15. Sierra Canyon (2-1) vs. Valencia, Saturday @ 7 p.m.
Sierra Canyon struggled to score against Oaks Christian, losing 21-14.
16. Corona del Mar (3-0) vs. Lakewood, Friday @ 7 p.m.
The Sea Kings are favored to become 4-0 with Lakewood on deck.
17. Notre Dame (Sherman Oaks) (2-0) vs. Paraclete, Friday @ 7 p.m.
Notre Dame can’t overlook Paraclete, who hammered Chaminade two weeks ago.
18. Central (Fresno) (3-0) vs. Paso Robles, Friday @ 7:30 p.m.
The Grizzlies are allowing less than 12 points per game.
19. Liberty (Brentwood) (3-0) vs. Monte Vista, Friday @ 7 p.m.
Liberty, the defending Division 1-A state champs, won another too-close-for-comfort game last week.
20. Norco (2-0) vs. Vista Murrieta, Friday @ 7 p.m.
Rancho Cucamonga brought offensive fireworks into Norco as expected last week, but Norco brought more.
21. Servite (1-1) at Cajon, Friday @ 7 p.m.
The Friars fell to a very good Bishop Gorman team in Las Vegas last week. They should get back on track against Cajon.
22. Buchanan (Clovis) vs. Liberty, Thursday @ 7 p.m.
Buchanan is hoping to get 5-star running back Kendall Milton (quad injury) back soon.
23. La Habra (2-1) at Calabasas, Friday @ 7 p.m.
La Habra is 2-1 after a very difficult preseason that includes a victory over Upland. It doesn’t get any easier this week at Calabasas.
24. Upland (2-1) vs. Central Catholic, Friday @ 7 p.m.
Upland is back in our top 20 after making short work of a strong Rancho Verde team.
25. Orange Lutheran (2-1) vs. Narbonne, Friday @ 7 p.m.
OLu is 2-1 in what so far has been a brutal preseason. It gets no easier with Narbonne and then Vista Murrieta.