Despite college coaches and prospects being unable to visit with each other in person during the current recruiting dead period, several student-athletes in the San Diego Section have made their college declarations over the last few weeks. And several more have picked up new offers.
Here’s a sport-by-sport recruiting roundup:
- 2021 Lincoln athlete Herman Smith committed to San Diego State.
- 2021 Mater Dei Catholic athlete Darren Barkins committed to Oregon.
- 2021 Oceanside wide receiver Kamron Beachem committed to Arizona State.
- 2020 Scripps Ranch tight end Michael McGibney committed to Miami of Ohio.
San Ysidro guard Mikey Williams, widely regarded as the nation’s top player in the 2023 class, put out a tweet last week that could be a potential game changer for historically black colleges and universities (HBCUs). Fast forward a week and Williams has since picked up offers from Arkansas Pine Bluff, Delaware State, Morehouse College, Hampton University, Florida A&M, North Carolina Central, Southern University, Alabama State, Grambling State, Howard University, Texas Southern, Norfolk State, and Tennessee State.
- 2020 Carlsbad OF Nate Mills committed to Towson University.
- 2020 Eastlake INF Kai Saterstrom committed to San Jose State.