Here’s a look at how Scorebook Live’s Top 25 California high school football teams fared in games played Oct. 3-5.
1. Mater Dei (6-0) beat Orange Lutheran 51-14
Bryce Young threw four more touchdown passes and Domani Jackson returned an interception for a TD as the No. 1 team in the nation scored 50-plus points for the fourth time this season.
2. St. John Bosco (6-0) beat No. 14 Servite 27-26
The Braves barely survived their first game against an in-state opponent this season. DJ Uiagalelei was his usual self, throwing three TD passes to Beaux Collins, Jode McDuffie, and Jake Newman. Watch the highlights:
3. De La Salle (6-1) beat Monte Vista 49-14
Shamar Garrett scored three touchdowns and the Spartans outscored Monte Vista 21-0 in the second half to win their league opener.
4. Mission Viejo (7-0) beat El Toro 56-0
The Diablos posted their second shutout of the season and are allowing just 5.7 points per game.
5. Helix (5-1) beat El Capitan 65-14
In the first quarter alone, the Highlanders scored on a blocked punt return, a pick six and a safety.
6. Cathedral Catholic (6-1) beat Point Loma 50-14
The Dons will be tested the next two weeks at Madison and at home vs. St. Augustine.
7. Corona Centennial (4-2) beat Santiago 63-0
Nick Floyd had seven carries for 170 yards and four touchdowns as the Huskies made quick work of the Sharks.
8. JSerra (5-1) beat Santa Margarita 35-3
JSerra scored 28 unanswered points in the second half and Sammy Green rushed for 114 yards and three touchdowns.
9. Grace Brethren (6-0) beat Bishop Diego 42-13
QB Mikey Zele was 10-of-15 for 239 yards and three TDs as Grace Brethren opened Camino League play with a victory.
10. Narbonne (6-1) beat San Pedro 53-0
The Gauchos rolled in their Marine League opener as Jack Brown racked up 145 yards of offense and scored four touchdowns.
11. Folsom (5-1) beat Rocklin 42-21
Elijhah Badger had seven receptions for 186 yards as Folsom won its 39th consecutive Sierra Foothill League game.
12. St. Augustine (5-1) beat Morse 56-0
Byron Cardwell scored five touchdowns and the Saints recorded their third shutout of the season.
13. Corona del Mar (6-0) beat Huntington Beach 49-6
CDM beat a good San Clemente team 42-21 on Thursday. The victory gives the Sea Kings a strong chance to go undefeated in the regular season.
14. Servite (4-2) lost to No. 2 St. John Bosco 27-26
Servite sophomore QB Noah Fifita threw three TD passes — two to WR Tetairoa McMillan — but the Friars came up just short of the upset.
15. Serra Gardena (4-2) lost to Loyola 24-7
Serra’s offensive struggles finally caught up with them as Loyola (3-3) raced out to a 21-0 halftime lead to stun the Cavaliers in their Mission League opener.
16. Alemany (5-1) lost to No. 18 Bishop Amat 25-24
Sophomore running back Floyd Chalk rushed for 134 yards and two touchdowns, but it wasn’t enough as Alemany suffered its first loss of the season.
17. Calabasas (5-2) beat Westlake 54-35
Westlake QB Marco Siderman had another big game — 322 yards passing, 73 yards rushing and 4 TDs — but Calabasas QB Jaden Casey countered with 229 yards and five touchdowns, including three to Johnny Wilson.
18. Bishop Amat (5-1) beat No. 16 Alemany 25-24
Damien Moore rushed for 172 yards and a touchdown as well as the game-winning two-point conversion to give Amat the victory in both teams’ Mission League openers. Watch the highlights:
19. Sierra Canyon (6-1) beat Crespi 51-0
The Trailblazers won their fourth straight game and appear to be peaking at the right time.
20. Central (Fresno) (6-0) beat Buchanan
Central QB Jameson Silva passed for 269 yards and two touchdowns and the Grizzlies’ defense kept Buchanan’s 5-star running back Kendall Milton relatively in check, limiting him to 89 yards. Milton, a Georgia commit, was playing in his first game in a month after suffering a quad injury early in the season.
21. Notre Dame Sherman Oaks (4-2) lost to Chaminade 35-14
QB Jaylen Henderson passed for 119 yards and ran for two touchdowns as Chaminade made a statement in its Mission League Opener.
22. La Habra (4-2) beat Buena Park 56-8
Get used to seeing lopsided scores from the Highlanders over the next month. They won’t be tested again until the playoffs.
23. Upland (4-2) beat Damien 21-3
Justin Flowe forced two fumbles and had three sacks to lead Upland to victory in their Baseline League opener. Upland’s defense forced six total turnovers.
24. Liberty (Brentwood) (7-0) beat Antioch 26-0
Liberty’s defense turned in a dominant performance, holding Antioch to under 100 yards of total offense.
25. Serra (San Mateo) (5-0) beat Bellarmine College Prep 37-0
Serra jumped out to a 32-0 halftime lead and cruised to the West Catholic Athletic League victory over San Jose’s Bellarmine.