Here’s a look at how Scorebook Live’s Top 25 California high school football teams fared in games played on Thursday, Sept. 5, Friday, Sept. 6 and Saturday, Sept. 7.
1. Mater Dei (3-0) beat Centennial (Arizona) 71-21
Bryce Young threw for 528 yard and seven touchdowns as the Monarchs dominated another very good opponent.
2. St. John Bosco (3-0) beat Liberty (Nevada) 49-7
DJ Uiagalelei completed six passes against Liberty — and five of them were touchdown passes. It doesn’t get much more efficient than that.
3. De La Salle (2-1) beat St. Francis 48-0
The Spartans took care of business early against St. Francis, then quickly turned their attention to this week’s showdown with No. 6 Folsom.
4. Corona Centennial (1-2) lost 44-41 to No. 19 Cathedral Catholic
The Huskies came into the game ranked as high as No. 6 in some national polls. They will try to rebound next week against Liberty (Nevada).
5. JSerra (2-1) beat Bishop Amat 38-14
General Booty and the Lions jumped out to a 35-0 halftime lead and cruised. They get Milton (Georgia) next week.
6. Folsom (2-0) beat Antelope 49-13
The Bulldogs took care of business and now it’s De La Salle week. Get your popcorn.
7. Mission Viejo (3-0) beat No. 23 La Habra 23-6
The Diablos packed their defense and shut down an explosive La Habra team on the road.
8. Calabasas (2-1) lost 26-20 in 2OT to No. 22 Serra (Gardena)
Coyotos’ DE LeShaun Bell shined in the loss, racking up three sacks.
9. Liberty (Brentwood) (3-0) beat Clayton Valley Charter 28-27 in OT
Liberty, the defending Division 1-A state champs, won another close game Saturday night. Here’s the game-winning TD in overtime:
10. Sierra Canyon (2-1) lost 21-14 to No. 21 Oaks Christian
After impressive victories over Westlake and Lawndale, the Trailblazers struggled on the road against Oaks Christian.
11. Grace Brethren (3-0) beat Muir 38-18
Julien Stokes rushed for 248 yards as the Lancers rolled to another big road win.
12. Corona del Mar (3-0) beat Palos Verdes 20-10
Ethan Garbers threw for 298 yards, but CDM’s defense was the story as it held Palos Verdes to just 154 yards of offense.
13. St. Augustine (3-0) beat Loyola 42-5
St. Augustine has outscored its three opponents by a total score of 126-12.
14. Servite (1-1) lost 42-21 to Bishop Gorman (Nevada)
Servite QB Noah Fifita connected with wide receiver Zedakiah Centers on three TD passes, but it wasn’t enough for the Friars.
15. Narbonne (2-1) beat St. Paul 56-19
Narbonne got good news Friday as wide receiver Traeshon Holden, an Alabama commit, was cleared to play by the CIF. Then they went out and hammered St. Paul.
16. Central (Fresno) (3-0) beat Whitney 45-16
The Grizzlies are allowing less than 12 points per game.
17. Buchanan (Clovis) (2-1) beat Edison 17-0
With 5-star running back Kendall Milton sidelined with a quad injury, Buchanan’s defense rose to the occasion.
18. Notre Dame (Sherman Oaks) (2-0) beat Moorpark 42-0
Zachary Siskowic made his first career start for the Knights, throwing for 294 yards and three TDs.
19. Cathedral Catholic (3-0) beat No. 4 Corona Centennial 44-41
RB Zavien Watson and the Dons turned some heads with a victory over nationally-ranked Corona Centennial on Friday. Watson finished with 28 carries for 148 yards.
20. Norco (2-0) beat Rancho Cucamonga 59-44
Norco RB Fernando Chairez had the game of his life, scoring six touchdowns in the win over RC.
21. Oaks Christian (2-1) beat No. 10 Sierra Canyon 21-14
The Lions rebounded from a disappointing loss at home against Grace Brethren. OC quarterback Mister Williams was injured in the third quarter and the game was stopped for more than 20 minutes as an ambulance took him off the field. The Ventura County Star reported Saturday afternoon that Williams avoided serious injury.
Serra QB Doug Brumfield had a huge game, passing for 159 yards and rushing for 128 in the victory. He connected with LV Bunkley on the game-winning TD pass in double overtime.
23. La Habra (2-1) lost to No. 7 Mission Viejo 23-6
It doesn’t get any easier for Clark Phillips and La Habra as they head to Calabasas next week.
24. Rancho Verde (2-1) lost 30-7 to Upland
After winning their first two games by a combined score of 94-7, the Mustangs were stifled by Justin Flowe and the Upland defense.
25. Orange Lutheran (2-1) beat Edison 17-14
The Lancers’ defense stepped up one week after giving up 56 points to Corona Centennial.