Here’s how the Top 25 teams in Arkansas fared this week …
1. Bryant (8-1) beat North Little Rock 24-12
The Hornets had to work to put the Charging Wildcats away after leading 14-6 at halftime.
2. Conway (8-1) beat Little Rock Catholic 35-7
The Wampus Cats empty the bench in another blowout and get ready to host No. 1 Bryant next week for the 7A-Central Conference title.
3. North Little Rock (7-2) lost to Bryant 24-12
The Charging Wildcats went toe-to-toe with the three-time defending champions but probably will always wonder what might have happened if they had scored on the 2nd-and-goal play on the 1-yard line as time ran out in the first half before they could get in.
4. Fayetteville (7-2) beat Heritage 42-14
The Bulldogs hand Heritage its 35th straight conference loss and now are a win over Springdale Har-Ber next week from securing an undefeated 7A-West Conference title.
5. Shiloh Christian (8-1) beat Gravette 62-12
The only thing that changed for Shiloh this week is it moved to its highest ranking of the season before yet another blowout win.
6. Pulaski Academy (8-1) beat Beebe 52-14
The Bruins clinch yet another 5A-Central Conference title with an easy win.
7. Bentonville (7-2) beat Springdale 49-7
The Tigers get back to form this week after struggling to beat Rogers last week.
8. Lake Hamilton (8-1) lost to Benton 42-41
Even with 499 yards of offense, Lake Hamilton couldn’t get the one-and-a-half yards it needed to convert on a two-point conversion to win the game with just more than a minute to play.
9. Cabot (6-2) beat Fort Smith Northside 28-21
The Panthers get a big, hard-fought win to keep themselves in contention for the third seed in the 7A-Central Conference.
10. Benton (8-1) beat Lake Hamilton 42-41
The Panthers’ undersized safety, Cain Simmons, proves why he is one of the best secondary players regardless of class, stopping Lake Hamilton star running back Tevin Hughes on a two-point conversion attempt that clinched the win for the Panthers.
11. Jonesboro (7-2) beat Sylvan Hills 34-14
The Hurricane defense continues to lock down, and they aren’t threatened by the Bears as they inch closer to an undefeated 6A-East Conference title.
12. Little Rock Parkview (6-3) beat Siloam Springs 26-24
The Patriots hang on for a surprisingly difficult win against the Panthers, who haven’t won in 6A-West Conference play.
13. FS Northside (5-4) lost to Cabot 28-21
Another close loss to a highly ranked team which has to be frustrating, but the Grizzlies could still be a tough out in the 7A state playoffs.
14. Wynne (8-1) beat Forrest City 47-0
The Yellowjackets roll as predicted and now face surprising undefeated Nettleton for the 5A-East Conference title.
15. White Hall (7-2) – idle
16. Greenwood (5-3) beat Van Buren 42-0
The Bulldogs continue to get healthier and tune up for an important 6A-West Conference finale at home against Lake Hamilton next week.
17. Little Rock Christian (7-2) beat Jacksonville 56-6
The Warriors get well and hope to continue the momentum in the season finale next week against Watson Chapel and enter the playoffs as a No. 3 seed.
18. El Dorado (6-2) beat Searcy 52-51
The Wildcats seemed to have the game in hand up 52-35 in the second half but had to hold on to beat the Lions.
19. Vilonia (9-0) beat Morrilton 42-21
The Eagles hold off the Devil Dogs to set up an undefeated showdown against Greenbrier to try to clinch their first conference title since 2003.
20. Greenbrier (9-0) beat Alma 52-28
Like the Eagles, Greenbrier rolls past a lower-tier 5A-West opponent to set up the big Judge’s Cup game next week.
21. Warren (8-1) beat Hamburg 42-17
The Lumberjacks have mercy-ruled the past four 8-4A Conference opponents they have faced and will not play next week due to a forfeit by Helena Central and might not play in the playoffs until mid-November with a playoff bye.
22. Joe T. Robinson (8-1) beat Ashdown 21-8
The Senators’ defense locks down on a potent Panthers team on the road.
23. Stuttgart (8-1) beat Lonoke 45-28
The Ricebirds pick up a decisive win against an upper-echelon Lonoke team on its way to a 2-4A Conference championship.
24. Farmington (7-2) beat Pea Ridge 49-22
The Cardinals fly past the Blackhawks and can clinch the third seed in the 5A-West.
25. Sylvan Hills (6-3) lost to Jonesboro 34-14
The Bears drop their second straight game and now are looking at the No. 3 seed in the 6A-East Conference.
SBLive Sports is the official digital content partner of the Arkansas Activities Association (AAA).