By Nate Olson | Photo by Sadie Rucker
Here’s how the Top 25 teams in Arkansas fared this week …
1. Bryant (7-1) beat Cabot 45-20
The Hornets will have to wait another week to be tested as an anticipated matchup with Cabot yielded no drama.
2. Conway (7-1) beat Little Rock Central 55-12
The Wampus Cats have no problem with Little Rock Central and face another struggling foe in Little Rock Catholic before the regular-season finale with Bryant.
3. North Little Rock (7-1) beat Fort Smith Northside 28-21
The Charging Wildcats hold off the pesky Grizzlies to set up a big game at Bryant next week with hope of still sharing a 7A-Central Conference title.
4. Cabot (6-2) lost to Bryant 45-20
The Panthers drop their second loss to a conference heavyweight in No. 1 Bryant and could drop as low as third in the playoff seedings.
5. Fayetteville (5-2) beat Springdale 49-21
The Bulldogs have outscored opponents 88-16 in the third quarter, and that trend continued Friday night as the Purple Dogs pulled away in the 122nd meeting of ‘The Battle of the Bulldogs.’
6. Shiloh Christian (7-1) beat Elkins 50-0
Saints junior quarterback Eli Wisdom passed for 295 yards in the first half as SC built a 43-0 halftime lead.
7. Pulaski Academy (7-1) beat Little Rock Christian 63-14
The Bruins made a statement by drilling west Little Rock rival LRCA and secured a win at halftime with a 49-7 lead.
8. Bentonville (6-2) beat Rogers 56-49
The Tigers hold off an improving Mountaineers team after suffering their first conference loss last week.
9. Lake Hamilton (8-0) beat Van Buren 63-27
One last tuneup before hosting Benton in a huge game in Garland County next Friday.
10. Benton (7-1) beat Greenwood 41-40
The Panthers trailed by 12 in the fourth quarter but senior transfer quarterback Stran Smith engineered two big scoring drives to keep the Panthers perfect in the 6A-West with a showdown at Lake Hamilton coming next Friday.
11. Jonesboro (6-2) beat Searcy 35-13
The Hurricane defense limits the explosive Searcy offense and star running back Dede Johnson to stay undefeated in 6A-East Conference play.
12. FS Northside (5-3) lost to North Little Rock 28-21
The Grizzlies put up another good fight against a highly ranked team but can’t pull out the win and now look likely to be a No. 4 seed in the 7A-Central Conference.
13. Little Rock Christian (6-2) lost to Pulaski Academy 63-14
The Warriors were down 21-0 early in the first quarter and never recovered and have now been outscored 188-69 in their past three games with PA.
14. Little Rock Parkview (5-3) beat Russellville 48-7
The Patriots are trying to finish on a three-game win streak to stay in contention for a second or third playoff spot.
15. Greenwood (5-3) lost to Benton 41-40
The Bulldogs had the Panthers on the ropes but couldn’t pull off the upset and now could drop to a No. 4 playoff seed.
16. Wynne (7-1) beat Paragould 51-0
The Yellowjackets are mowing down lesser competition as a showdown with Nettleton awaits in Week 10.
17. White Hall (7-2) beat Maumelle 45-12
The Bulldogs most likely clinched the No. 2 seed in the 5A-Central Conference with the easy win.
18. El Dorado (6-2) beat Sylvan Hills 51-23
The Wildcats snap Sylvan Hills’ five-game winning streak and keep hope alive for sharing the 6A-East Conference title.
19. Vilonia (8-0) beat Alma 56-20
The Eagles are on a collision course with undefeated Greenbrier in Week 10 for the 5A-West Conference title.
20. Farmington (6-2) lost to Greenbrier 48-6
The Cardinals’ defense couldn’t contain the potent Panthers offense and now will most likely be a No. 3 seed in the Class 5A playoffs.
21. Greenbrier (8-0) beat Farmington 48-6
The Panthers’ blowout was fueled by senior quarterback Cooper Wilcox, who totaled 240 yards passing and a touchdown and 75 yards rushing and two scores.
22. Sylvan Hills (6-2) lost to El Dorado 51-23
The Bears couldn’t contain the Wildcats’ potent offense and now could fall to as low as the No. 3 seed in the 6A-East Conference standings.
23. Warren (7-1) beat Monticello 41-6
The Lumberjacks ran all over the Billies with senior running back Cedric Calbert totaling more than 100 yards rushing and two touchdowns.
24. Joe T. Robinson (7-1) beat Bauxite 56-12
The Senators run past Bauxite and now face Ashdown next week in a game that has lost some of its luster as the Panthers were upset Friday night.
25. Stuttgart (7-1) beat Little Rock Mills 63-28
The Ricebirds’ offense has scored 40 or more points the past four games as the team looks to lock up a 2-4A Conference title.
SBLive Sports is the official digital content partner of the Arkansas Activities Association (AAA).