By Nate Olson | Photo by Sadie Rucker
Here is how the Top 25 teams in Arkansas fared this week …
1. Bryant (6-1) beat Little Rock Southwest 48-7
The Hornets celebrated Homecoming with an easy win but now gear up for the meat of their schedule with a tough road test against Cabot coming up.
2. Conway (6-1) beat Fort Smith Northside 23-21
The Wampus Cats fought through two costly turnovers and an injury to star receiver Manny Smith but were able to score the go-ahead TD with less than 30 seconds left to win their sixth straight game.
3. North Little Rock (6-1) beat Little Rock Catholic 42-7
The Charging Wildcats recorded their second straight easy win after enduring their first loss of the season.
4. Cabot (6-1) beat Little Rock Central 41-7
Like Bryant, which they face in a showdown next week, the Panthers enjoyed an easy win to tune up.
5. Bentonville (5-2) lost to Fayetteville 42-34
The Tigers’ 35-game 7A-West Conference win streak is history as is most likely their chance of winning their 15th conference title in 16 years.
6. Shiloh Christian (6-1) beat Gentry 48-20
The Pioneers put up a fight but the Saints cruised to yet another blowout win.
7. Pulaski Academy (6-1) beat Maumelle 42-14
The Bruins have no problem lighting up the scoreboard against a Hornets defense which has been stingy and now prepare for a rivalry game against Little Rock Christian which will decide the 5A-Central Conference title.
8. Fayetteville (5-2) beat Bentonville 42-34
The Bulldogs beat the Tigers for the first time since 2005 and are now in position to win a conference title outright for the first time since 1963.
9. Lake Hamilton (7-0) beat Siloam Springs 42-7
The Wolves barely break a sweat in routing a Panthers team that has racked up points even in losses.
10. Benton (6-1) beat Mountain Home 52-23
The Panthers win a potential trap game with Greenwood coming to Saline County next Friday.
11. Jonesboro (5-2) beat West Memphis 40-0
The Hurricane sit atop the 6A-East and will most likely meet Sylvan Hills in two weeks with the title on the line.
12. FS Northside (5-2) lost to Conway 23-21
The Grizzlies took the No. 2 Wampus Cats to the brink but couldn’t quite hold on.
13. Little Rock Christian (6-1) – idle
14. Little Rock Parkview (4-3) beat Van Buren 33-3
After running the gauntlet of the 6A-West elite, the Patriots enjoy an easy win against a depleted Pointers squad.
15. Greenwood (6-2) beat Russellville 35-7
The Cyclones were no match for the Bulldogs, who are getting healthy at the right time with starting quarterback Hunter Houston returning.
16. Wynne (6-1) beat Batesville 31-0
This rivalry game wasn’t close this year as the Yellowjackets take a step closer to another 5A-East Conference title.
17. White Hall (6-2) beat Watson Chapel 42-14
Things got chippy in this rivalry, but the game wasn’t close as the Bulldogs bounced back from a lopsided loss to Pulaski Academy.
18. El Dorado (5-2) beat Marion 36-7
The Wildcats have no problem disposing of the Patriots as they stay in the upper echelon of the 6A-East Conference race.
19. Vilonia (7-0) beat Harrison 28-14
The Eagles hold off the sliding Goblins as they prepare for a showdown against Greenbrier for the 5A-West Conference title.
20. Farmington (6-1) beat Clarksville 39-0
The Cardinals tune up for a big game with undefeated Greenbrier next week.
21. Greenbrier (7-0) beat Pea Ridge 49-12
The Panthers beat the Blackhawks but face a tough test against Farmington next week.
22. Sylvan Hills (6-1) beat Sheridan 28-6
The Bears stay hot and will most likely play for a 6A-East Conference title against Jonesboro in two weeks.
23. Warren (6-1) beat DeWitt 63-7
The Lumberjacks won’t be tested again in the regular season.
24. Joe T. Robinson (6-1) beat Malvern 35-6
The Senators have no letdown on the road as they roll past the Leopards.
25. Stuttgart (6-1) beat Clinton 43-14
Clinton stunned Little Rock Mills last week, but the Ricebirds made sure that didn’t happen this week with a resounding win.
SBLive Sports is the official digital content partner of the Arkansas Activities Association (AAA).