By Nate Olson
Here’s how the Top 25 Arkansas high school football teams fared in Week 1 action Friday night.
1. Bryant (2-0) beat Marion 58-7
Bryant has outscored its first two opponents 100-10.
2. North Little Rock (1-0) beat Har-Ber 58-28
The Charging Wildcats start the Randy Sandefur era in style.
3. Pulaski Academy (2-0) beat Madison (Ms.) Rigeland Academy 63-39
The Bruins hand MRA its second straight loss.
4. Greenwood (2-0) beat Fort Smith Southside 54-48
A little closer than the 42-0 margin the Bulldogs won by last fall.
5. Cabot (2-0) beat Jonesboro 47-27
The Panthers blast their second straight 6A-East Conference opponent and play a third, El Dorado, next week.
6. Bentonville (1-1) lost to Conway 55-41
The Tigers lose their second home tilt in three games dating back to last season’s Class 7A state playoff loss to Cabot.
7. Fayetteville (1-1) lost to Owasso, Okla. 48-42
Former Fayetteville coach Bill Blankenship moves his record to 3-1 against his former school.
8. Shiloh Christian (2-0) beat Poteau, Okla. 27-21
The Saints beat the Pirates by less than a touchdown in back-to-back seasons.
9. Conway (1-1) beat Bentonville 55-41
The Wampus Cats make the trek to Northwest Arkansas for the second straight week, but this time they return with a big win and a mild upset.
10. Lake Hamilton (1-0) – Idle
11. Har-Ber (0-2) lost to North Little Rock 58-28
The Wildcats have committed eight turnovers through two games.
12. Little Rock Christian (2-0) beat Searcy 38-20
The Warriors win big against a larger classification school for the second straight week.
13. Bentonville West (1-1) beat Muskogee, Okla. 21-13
The Wolverines use turnovers to send Muskogee to its second loss against an Arkansas opponent in the past two weeks.
14. Benton (0-1) – Idle
15. El Dorado (1-0) beat Camden Fairview 40-36
The Wildcats let the Cardinals back in the game but used a late defensive stand with time running out to preserve the rivalry win.
16. FS Northside (1-0) – Idle
17. Harrison (2-0) beat Mountain Home 28-21
The Goblins beat the rival Bombers for the ninth straight time and 13th time in the past 16 games.
18. Jonesboro (1-1) lost to Cabot 47-27
The Panthers’ depth caught up to the Hurricane, and it won’t get any easier facing Conway next week.
19. LR Catholic (0-1) plays Fort Worth Nolan Catholic on Saturday
20. Wynne (1-1) beat West Memphis 35-13
After losing to 6A-East Conference member Marion on a last-second field goal last week, the Class 5A Yellowjackets take care of the Patriots’ conference rival in convincing fashion.
21. Stuttgart (2-0) beat Star City 35-14
The Ricebirds enjoy two easy tuneups before a showdown with Warren next week.
22. Harding Academy (1-1) lost to Valley View 31-30
Harding Academy took this game after Valley View’s contest with Gosnell was called because of COVID-19, and the Class 5A Blazers halted the Wildcats’ 28-game winning streak against in-state opponents.
23. Warren (0-1) lost to White Hall 35-0
The Lumberjacks ran into a buzzsaw in the Class 5A Bulldogs and face fellow Class 4A power Stuttgart next.
24. Joe T. Robinson (1-1) beat Maumelle 47-44 (OT)
A week after being thumped by Pulaski Academy, the Senators rebound with an exhilarating victory against the Class 5A Bulldogs.