Here’s a look at how SBLive’s Top 20 Arkansas high school football teams fared in games played Friday, Nov. 27, the third week of the playoffs in the state.
- 7A FOOTBALL BRACKET
- 6A FOOTBALL BRACKET
- 5A FOOTBALL BRACKET
- 4A FOOTBALL BRACKET
- 3A FOOTBALL BRACKET
- 2A FOOTBALL BRACKET
- MORE: STATEWIDE SCOREBOARD
HOW THE TOP 20 FARED
Nov. 27, 2020
1. Bryant (12-0) beat No. 6 Conway 56-14
Bryant’s Austin Ledbetter and Hayden Schrader were the best players on the field against Conway.
2. Bentonville (10-1) – Season over
Previously undefeated Bentonville lost to No. 8 Cabot 38-34 last week in the 7A quarterfinals. Bentonville led 21-3.
3. North Little Rock (12-1) beat No. 8 Cabot 49-42
Kareame Cotton’s 32-yard touchdown run won the game for North Little Rock against Cabot. NLR will play Bryant in the 7A title game.
4. Pulaski Academy (12-0) beat Magnolia 53-29
Pulaski Academy pulled out some trickery in Friday’s win.
5. Greenwood (13-0) beat Marion 51-7
The Bulldogs dominated.
6. Conway (8-4) lost to No. 1 Bryant 56-14
Conway’s season is over, but senior receiver Bryce Bohanon made one final highlight-reel touchdown.
7. Lake Hamilton (10-1) beat Sylvan Hills 21-20 in OT
Lake Hamilton will play Greenwood in the 6A title game.
8. Cabot (8-4) lost to No. 2 North Little Rock 49-42
Cabot had an incredible season, but the Panthers came up just short in their semifinal game.
9. Wynne (11-0) beat Texarkana 28-0
Wynne’s defense pitched its third shutout of the season.
10. Benton (6-5) – Season over
Benton couldn’t play its first-round playoff game because of COVID-19, ending its season. Marion advanced to play Van Buren in the second round of the 6A playoffs. Benton beat No. 11 Parkview 30-20 on Oct. 9.
11. Parkview (9-2) – Season over
In a shocker, Sylvan Hills knocked off Parkview in the second round of the 6A playoffs last week.
12. Bentonville West (6-5) – Season over
Bentonville West couldn’t play in the first round of the playoffs because of COVID-19, ending its season. Catholic advanced to play North Little Rock in the second round of the 7A playoffs. Bentonville West beat No. 13 Rogers 34-31 on Oct. 9.
13. Rogers (6-4) – Season over
Rogers lost to No. 8 Cabot 48-14 in the first round of the 7A playoffs. The highlight of the Mountaineers’ campaign was a 49-42 win over No. 20 Har-Ber on Oct. 30.
14. LR Christian (8-2) beat Lakeside 52-14
LR Christian led 45-7 at halftime.
15. Harrison (10-1) beat White Hall 38-35
Harrison will play LR Christian in the 5A semifinals.
16. Shiloh Christian (9-1) beat Malvern 28-0
Shiloh Christian led from start to finish.
17. Fort Smith Northside (5-5) – Season over
Northside fell in the first round of the 7A playoffs to Har-Ber. The highlight of the Grizzlies’ season was beating Fayetteville and Catholic in consecutive weeks in early October.
18. Robinson (8-4) lost to Stuttgart 23-20
Stuttgart will play Shiloh Christian in the 4A semifinals.
19. Fayetteville (4-6) – Season over
Fayetteville was stunned by LR Central in the first round of the 7A playoffs. The Bulldogs beat No. 20 Har-Ber 33-27 to end the regular season Nov. 6.
20. Har-Ber (5-7) – Season over
Har-Ber’s season ended against the state’s top team last week.
OTHER NOTABLE RESULTS
4A: Rivercrest beat Prairie View 48-23, Warren beat Arkadelphia 35-20, Nashville beat Elkins 46-6, Ozark beat Pocahontas 40-14
3A: Harding Academy beat Jessieville 45-14, McGehee beat Lincoln 42-7, Prescott beat Melbourne 52-16
2A: Fordyce beat Foreman 47-8